Age 70 ½ or Beyond?
IRA Charitable Rollover Now Permanent
Under federal legislation, you can use your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to make a gift to your favorite charitable institutions, including the Scituate Library Foundation.
By making an IRA charitable rollover, you can:
• Satisfy your minimum distribution
• Avoid federal taxes
• Provide critical support to the Scituate Library Expansion and Renovation Project
To be eligible:
• You must be 70 ½ years of age or older at the time of the distribution
• Total charitable contributions cannot exceed $100,000 per taxpayer year
• Transfers from traditional and Roth IRAs must be made directly from the account administrator to the Scituate Library Foundation.
To make a gift:
• Contact your IRA administrator to request that a charitable distribution be transferred to the Scituate Library Foundation
• To ensure gifts are properly recognized and recorded, instruct your IRA administrator to indicate the donor’s name on the check and specify that the gift is an IRA charitable distribution
• Send the check to:
Scituate Library Foundation
44 Jericho Road
Scituate, MA 02066
Federal Tax ID: 04-3497706